Garrison Oktoberfest September 22 - October 6
From Saturday September 22nd until October 6th the Garrison Seaport Hall will be transformed into a Bavarian Beer Garden for three weeks of fun, food, family and of course craft beer. All three Saturdays will include music, games and food from Asado Wood Fire Grill!
On October 6th, Garrison will be throwing “Das Big Party” a family friendly celebration of all things harvest with live music and a party going into the night!
So let you’re your lederhosen and dust of your dirndl Halifax.
Stay tuned for more information, including bands and menus!
Community Events Page
Holy Craft Beer we like to stay busy! Check out the events below that we’ll be having fun at and make sure you drop by and say hello… or we may just come & find you!
- JassFest – Halifax, NS – July. 11th – 15th 2018 – HJF2018 is kicking off THIS WEEK!!! We have a full week planned for you, so get those tickets and check out our full schedule to start mapping out your week! www.halifaxjazzfestival.ca/schedule
- Big Axe Craft Beer Fest – Nackawick, NB – July. 14th 2018 – We have some exciting news, so mark your calendars for July 14th, 2018 – 4 – 8 pm. Multiple busses with great schedules (no more delays leaving the festival) from Woodstock, Fredericton and Saint John and we have already nearly doubled our craft beer and cider vendors. More specialty guests from Nova Scotia and more specialty breweries from Maine!
- Halifax Busker Festival – Halifax, NS – Aug. 1st-6th 2018 – Every summer, the Halifax Busker Festival entertains thousands across Halifax’s beautiful and historic downtown waterfront. Featuring the hilarious, wacky, and breathtaking entertainment that can only be found at the annual Halifax Busker Festival – crowds are treated to mind blowing shows from the world’s top street performance artists as they showcase their unique talents and skills with acrobatics, music, visual arts, comedy, fire shows, and so much more.
- Seaport Beer Fest – Halifax, NS – Aug. 10th-11th 2018 – A ticket for the Halifax Seaport BeerFest is your chance to sample from over 300 unique Craft and Import Beers. You’ll also have dozens of local and imported ciders to try plus award winning Gluten Free beers! Enjoy the great East Coast vibe and fun festival atmosphere right on the ocean. Delicious beer-friendly food is also on tap with fresh creations from food trucks and great local chefs. Tickets available here.
- PEI Beer fest – Charlottetown, PEI – Sept. 14th-15th 2018 – The 2018 PEI Beer Festival! Join us in Charlottetown at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Prince Edward on Friday, September 21st and Saturday, September 22nd for the best beer tasting time you’ll ever have. Breweries to be announced soon
- Oysterfest – Halifax, NS – Sept. 28th-29th 2018
- Atlantic Canadian Craft Beer Oktoberfest – Moncton, NB – Sept. 29th 2018
- Hal-Con – Halifax, NS – Oct. 26th-28th 2018
- Celtic Oktoberfest – Port Hawkesbury, NS – Oct
- Halifax Curated Cask Beer Throwdown – Halifax, NS – Nov. 8th 2018
- Cape Breton Beer Fest – Sydney, NS – Dec. 1st 2018
The Environment Makin’ Green Beer!
Can craft beer be green? Absolutely (just not for St. Paddy’s Day!) At Garrison we strive to make great beer with as little impact & as much sustainability as possible. It’s a commitment we stand behind & here are a few ways we live it:
- Wastewater – we capture & direct all operations wastewater to a single point, sample & test in-house, separate & dispose of all high-strength discharge (yeast, trub, waste beer, etc.) & screen off the solids before sending on for treatment. Over to you Halifax Water!
- Spent Grain – after we’ve removed the starches (sugars) & flavours from the grain, Bovidae Farms in Falmouth comes & takes it away to feed their dairy cows (no tipping please). Thanks Bob!
- Solids Separation – We work with suppliers to reduce their waste materials at source. After that though, nearly everything gets broken into separate streams: paper, plastic, cardboard, pallets, scrap wood & steel
- Energy Efficiency – Building our new brewery & refurbishing the older market brewery has allowed us to invest in improvements throughout: natural gas steam boiler, VFD pumps, energy-efficient lighting, water & heat recovery
- East Coast Beer Gear – Most of our brewing & cellar equipment is designed & built in Prince Edward Island. Thanks neighbour!
- 3R’s of Packaging – All beer packaging is either returnable (bottles & cans), reusable (growlers & kegs) or recyclable (cardboard trays/boxes, boxboard packs & metal crowns)
- Corn Starch Cups – We’ve been using these nifty compostable/biodegradable cups for nearly a decade & we wouldn’t serve you any other way. Guaranteed to break down in whichever stream they end up, it’s just the right thing to do. Cheers to Green Shift Inc.!
- Old Buildings/Good Bones – The Halifax Seaport has given us not one but two amazing opportunities to repurpose, refurbish & otherwise return to service an old, derelict building. Brick, steel & rough-cut wood, they just don’t make ‘em like that anymore!
- Environmental Partnership – Garrison is thrilled to be a Sustainability Ally of Ecology Action Centre! By partnering together on the Backlot Bash we’re making our event more green, fundraising for EAC causes & highlighting the environment while having a serious good time. Cheers partner!
& add to that, Garrisons’ Market Brewery, retail store & participation in events, festivals & trade shows are now… Bullfrogpowered! That means that Bullfrog Power, Canada’s leading green energy provider, puts 100% clean, green electricity from wind and low-impact hydro sources onto the grid to match the amount of electricity this facility uses. This clean & renewable energy displaces regular energy from nonrenewable or polluting sources. We’re proud to do our part as a leading craft brewer & we’re in pretty good company. Here’s a few other Bullfrogged brewers: Beau’s, Steam Whistle, Granville Island, The Grizzly Paw, Alley Kat, Trolley No.5, Picaroons, Upstreet, North, Sleeping Giant & Schoolhouse!
Ladies and Gentlemen Start Your Kettles for the 10th Annual Garrison Home Brew-Off
This year’s Style will be Kolsch (5B according to the BJCP Style Guide) for details about the style click here.
This year’s entree fee is $15 and includes a souvenir glass, one free entry to the gala and a complimentary Growlito and fill with the Garrison beer of your choice. To download the complete competition details click here.
Beer Entries are due by end of day Monday February 12th, 2018. To download the registration form click here.
The 2018 Home Brew Off Awards Gala will be March 29th at 7pm at Garrison’s Seaport Hall.
Good Luck & Drink Independently!
Contest or Promo's
LONG WEEKEND CONTEST ALERT!
To Celebrate the release of Wicked Good in cans we’re launching a contest that you won’t want to miss 😉
The Prizes are:
- 24 CANS OF WICKED GOOD
- GARRISON BREWERY TOUR FOR 10
- 2 TICKETS TO GARRISONS 2018 BACKLOT BASH
- BLUENOSE PRIZE PACKAGE (Includes registration for next year’s race)
To enter, hit up one of our awesome licensee partners who are launching the beer with us in cans or on draft, or grab a can (or 7) at the brewery, NSLCs, or private liquor stores.
Make sure you take a picture showing us how you’re spending your #WickedGood weekend and post to Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag!
Don’t forget to tag us so we can find it – @garrisonbrewing !
Entries will be accepted until 11:59PM Monday May 21st. Good luck!
- Available Here:
- Durty Nelly’s
- Stubborn Goat
- Stubborn Goat Beer Garden
- Lion & Bright
- Wooden Monkey ( Dartmouth)
- Celtic Corner
- Split Crow
- Brown Hound